I just added 20 new items to my list of Obama criticisms
The complete list can be found at https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/
Here are the new entries:
781) Helen Thomas said Obama’s administration was less transparent than Nixon’s
In July 2009, White House reporter Helen Thomas said:
“The point is the control from here. We have never had that in the White House. And we have had some control but not this control. I mean I’m amazed, I’m amazed at you people who call for openness and transparency and have controlled… Nixon didn’t try to do that… They couldn’t control (the media). They didn’t try. What the hell do they think we are, puppets? They’re supposed to stay out of our business. They are our public servants. We pay them.”
782) “The president’s day-to-day policy development… is almost totally opaque”
In February 2013, ABC News White House reporter Ann Compton, who covered Presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, both Bushes, and Obama, said:
“The president’s day-to-day policy development… is almost totally opaque to the reporters trying to do a responsible job of covering it. There are no readouts from big meetings he has with people from the outside, and many of them aren’t even on his schedule. This is different from every president I covered. This White House goes to extreme lengths to keep the press away.”
783) Obama is the “least transparent of the seven presidents I’ve covered”
In October 2013, ABC News correspondent Ann Compton said that Obama was the
“least transparent of the seven presidents I’ve covered in terms of how he does his daily business.”
784) “The Obama administration has been extremely controlling and extremely resistant to journalistic intervention.”
In October 2013, Michael Oreskes, a senior managing editor at Associated Press, said:
“the Obama administration has been extremely controlling and extremely resistant to journalistic intervention.”
785) Gave one of his campaign donors and fundraisers an exemption from rules that govern airway auctions
In July 2014, Obama gave Grain Management LLC an exemption from rules that govern airway auctions. The company is controlled by David Grain, who had donated more than $60,000 to Obama’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee in 2008, and $22,500 in 2012, and had raised between $200,000 and $500,000 for Obama’s campaign during the 2008 election.
786) Tried to keep White House emails secret during the Breitbart-Sherrod libel lawsuit
In July 2014, during the Breitbart-Sherrod libel lawsuit, the Obama administration tried to keep the relevant White House emails secret.
787) NSA often shared private photos of people who were under surveillance
In July 2014, the New York Times reported that the NSA often shared private photos of people who were under surveillance.
788) Contradicted his own claim that he had learned about many of his scandals from the news
“Whatever they’re reporting about, usually I know.”
789) Gave Obamacare policies and subsidies to non-existent people with fake ID
In July 2014, it was reported that Obamacare had given policies and subsidies to non-existent people with fake ID.
790) Obama’s fundraiser prevented a woman in labor from getting to the hospital
In July 2014 in Los Angeles, Obama’s fundraiser prevented a woman in labor from getting to the hospital.
791) Falsely said “It’s pretty hard to find an economic measure where we’re not significantly better off.”
In July 2014, Obama said:
“It’s pretty hard to find an economic measure where we’re not significantly better off.”
However, in May 2014, it had been reported that the labor participation rate had fallen to its lowest level since 1978. Furthermore, in April 2014, one million discouraged workers quit looking for a job. In addition, during Obama’s “recovery,” median annual household income fell by 4.4%, the poverty rate went up, the percentage of the population on food stamps increased, the home ownership rate fell, and income inequality got bigger.
792) Pressured schools to stop having bake sales
In July 2014, it was reported that the Obama administration had pressured schools to stop having bake sales.
793) Served his own guests lunch with more than 3,000 calories, but limited students’ school lunches to 850 calories
In December 2010, Obama signed a law that limited students’ school lunches to no more than 850 calories. However, at his iauguration in January 2013, he served his guests a lunch that contained more than 3,000 calories.
794) Pointed a loaded gun at Iowa Boy Scouts troops, confiscated one of their cameras, and threatened to put them in prison
In July 2014, at the Canada-Alaska border, Obama’s border patrol pointed a loaded gun at Iowa Boy Scout troops, confiscated one of their cameras, and threatened to put them in prison.
795) For four years, IRS supervisors were too dumb to notice that their own employee was embezzling money from the IRS
In mid-2009, IRS employee Yetunde Oseni was given an IRS credit card for work related purchases. Over the next four years, she used it to purchase hundreds of items for herself from amazon.com, including a chocolate fondue fountain, Bollywood movies, Pampers, Harlequin romance novels, Omaha Steaks, Apple Bottoms skinny jeans, mango body wash, a Ginsu knife set, a snow-cone maker, a pinata, and two trench coats. During those four years, her supervisors were too stupid to notice the fake receipts that she was giving them for these purchases.
796) Lent $105 million of taxpayers’ money to build an aquarium in Fortaleza, Brazil
In July 2014, it was reported that the Obama administration had lent $105 million of taxpayers’ money to build an aquarium in Fortaleza, Brazil.
797) Spent $34 million of taxpayers’ money to try to convince the people of Afghanistan to grow and eat soybeans, even though it’s not part of their traditional diet, and the climate does not favor it
Between 2010 and 2014, the Obama administration spent a total of $34 million of taxpayers’ money to try to convince the people of Afghanistan to grow and eat soybeans. The Obama administration ignored the warnings from agronomists that the country’s climate was not appropriate for growing soybeans. In addition, soybeans are not part of the traditional Afghan diet.
798) “Surveillance Programs Hinder Journalists, Lawyers, Report Says”
In July 2014, the Wall St. Journal reported:
Surveillance Programs Hinder Journalists, Lawyers, Report Says
Large-scale U.S. surveillance programs hinder the ability of journalists to communicate confidentially with sources and restrain lawyers from adequately representing clients, according to a report issued Monday by two advocacy groups.
As a result, journalists and lawyers face challenges—both to their ability to disseminate information and to hold the U.S. government accountable—said the report by Human Rights Watch and the American Civil Liberties Union. The groups said the government’s “massively powerful surveillance apparatus” limits and jeopardizes the privacy required by both groups.”
Journalists and their sources, as well as lawyers and their clients, are changing their behavior in ways that undermine basic rights and corrode democratic processes,” it said.
799) Purchased gears for $8,123.50 each, even though they could have been purchased for $445.06 each
In July 2014, it was reported that the Pentagon had purchased gears for $8,123.50 each, even though they could have been purchased for $445.06 each.
800) Hundreds of thousands of machine guns and rifles that Obama gave to Afghanistan were “missing”
In July 2014, it was reported that hundreds of thousands of machine guns and rifles that Obama had given to Afghanistan were “missing.”