In Virginia, after a black waitress claimed that a white customer had written a racist note on a receipt, people donated more than $3,600 to the waitress.
However, the receipt with the racist note is actually a reprint of the original receipt, and was printed after the restaurant had closed. So there’s no way that the racist message was actually written by the customer.
Lawyer: Racist Note Given To Black Waitress In Virginia Is A Fake
February 25, 2017
A black waitress who received thousands of dollars in donations after she claimed she received a racist note and no tip from a patron last month, fabricated the incident, the customer claims.
Kelly Carter, a waitress at Anita’s New Mexico Cafe in Ashburn, Va., claimed that a white man stiffed her on his $30.52 restaurant bill and wrote “Great service, don’t tip black people” at the bottom of his receipt.
But the receipt was fabricated, says Daniel Hebda, a lawyer for the patron.
Hebda said in a statement Friday that his client did leave Carter a small tip — one penny — because her service was poor, not because she is black.
“Our client did not nor would he ever write anything about refusing to tip African Americans because of their race,” Hebda said, according to WTOP.
“Our client has no ill feelings towards African Americans. Our client did not leave a $0.00 tip. Our client tipped $0.01 out of his own conviction against tipping well for poor service.”
Hebda said that his client did write on the receipt, but only the message “terrible service.”
Websites like the Huffington Post, Raw Story, the Daily Mail, the New York Daily News and others posted the story as an example of racism in America. The Loudon County NAACP became involved, and a Virginia man opened up an online fundraiser that brought in more than $3,600 for Carter.
Carter’s boss, Tommy Tellez, said last month, after Carter reported the receipt, that customers were showing up to the restaurant and just “dropping cash off” for Carter.
“I was appalled, though it’s kind of in line with the political landscape,” Tellez said at the time.
Though Carter’s story went viral, there were some early indications that her claim did not quite add up. For one, the receipt she posted online was printed several hours after Anita’s New Mexico Cafe closed. The receipt also bore markings showing that it was a reprint of an original receipt.
Hebda says he has reached out to Anita’s “and demanded that they set the story straight and find out who is responsible.”
It is unclear what will happen to the funds donated to Carter.
According to WTOP, the Loudon County NAACP says it is standing behind the waitress.
“It’s sad any way it goes,” Philip Thompson told the TV station.
After Rudy Giuliani said 93% of black murder victims were murdered by other blacks, the Washington Post said his statement was accurate, but then they gave it two Pinocchios anyway!
After Rudy Giuliani said that 93% of black murder victims were murdered by other blacks, the Washington Post said his statement was accurate, but then they gave it two Pinocchios anyway!
You can read the Washington Post’s lengthy and ridiculous attempt to justify their two Pinocchio rating for a statement that they admit is accurate here.
Milo: White Nationalism is Not the Answer
January 26, 2017
Breitbart News Senior Editor MILO declared that “white pride,” “white nationalism,” and “white supremacy,” are not the answer during his talk at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs tonight, urging people to avoid fighting left-wing identity politics with identity politics.
“The reality is, if you force everyone to play identity politics, if you insist in pitting whites against blacks, women against men, straights against gays, the reality is you guys are gonna win and the left isn’t going to like it very much,” declared MILO. “But there’s a better way. Don’t fight identity politics with identity politics.”
“White pride, white nationalism, white supremacy isn’t the way to go,” he continued. “The way to go is reminding them and yourselves that you should be aspiring to values and to ideas.”
“You should be focusing on what unites people and not what drives them apart,” MILO concluded. “You shouldn’t give a shit about skin color, a shit about sexuality… You shouldn’t give a shit about gender, and you should be deeply suspicious of the people who do.”
German court says people named “Mohammad” were “justified” in setting fire to a synagogue, and gives them zero jail time
German court calls synagogue torching an act to ‘criticize Israel’
January 13, 2017
A German regional court in the city of Wuppertal affirmed a lower court decision last Friday stating that a violent attempt to burn the city’s synagogue by three men in 2014 was a justified expression of criticism of Israel’s policies.
Johannes Pinnel, a spokesman for the regional court in Wuppertal, outlined the court’s decision in a statement.
Three German Palestinians sought to torch the Wuppertal synagogue with Molotov cocktails in July, 2014. The local Wuppertal court panel said in its 2015 decision that the three men wanted to draw “attention to the Gaza conflict” with Israel. The court deemed the attack not to be motivated by antisemitism.
Israel launched Operation Protective Edge in the summer of 2014 to stop Hamas rocket attacks into Israeli territory.
The court sentenced the three men – the 31-year-old Mohamad E., the 26 year-old Ismail A. and the 20-year-old Mohammad A.—to suspended sentences. The men tossed self-made Molotov cocktails at the synagogue. German courts frequently decline to release the last names of criminals to protect privacy.
The attack caused €800 damage to the synagogue. The original synagogue in Wuppertal was burned by Germans during the Kristallnacht pogroms in 1938. Wuppertal has a population of nearly 344,000 and is located in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
The court said the men had consumed alcohol and there were no injuries to members of the synagogue.
A 13-year-old who lived near the synagogue and noticed the flames informed the police. Several days before the fire, a person sprayed “Free Palestine” on a wall of the synagogue.
After the local Wuppertal court decision in 2015, Volker Beck, a leading Green Party MP, said the “attack on the synagogue was motivated by antisemitism” and blasted the court for issuing a decision stating that the goal of the attack was to highlight the war in Gaza.
“This is a mistaken decision as far as the motives of the perpetrators are concerned,” he said, adding that the burning of a synagogue in Germany because of the Middle East conflict can be attributed only to antisemitism.
“What do Jews in Germany have to do with the Middle East conflict? Every bit as much as Christians, non-religious people or Muslims in Germany, namely, absolutely nothing. The ignorance of the judiciary toward anti-Semitism is for many Jews in Germany especially alarming, ” said Beck.
Warning: this video is graphic – it is not the edited version that is mentioned in the article.
Chicago foursome in custody after live streaming kidnapping and torturing Trump supporter
January 4, 2017
A disturbing video of a white man being tortured by four black individuals while tied up and gagged has surfaced as a Facebook Live yesterday from a woman named Brittany Herring. During the video, the white man’s clothes are cut, peppered with cigarette ash, is kicked, punched, and cut as Herring speaks to the camera.
The reason for the torture is that the white man supposedly voted for Donald Trump.
The victim is reportedly special needs, and was a “high-risk missing person” according to police.
During the video, the foursome can be heard saying things like “F*** Donald Trump! F*** white people!” and laughing as they torture the man.
Watch the edited version from Fox32 in Chicago below. Some may consider this graphic.
Chicago police have said that the foursome are now in custody, but no charges have yet been filed. The young man is was treated at an undisclosed hospital, but has since been released.
In Michigan, video shows police tying a black man to a chair and beating him so badly that he lost vision in one eye
Police tie black man to chair and beat him until he loses vision in one eye
Frankie Taylor has filed a lawsuit against the police department in Eastpointe, Michigan, after the brutal ordeal
December 8, 2016
A black man in Michigan has filed a lawsuit against his local police department after he was beaten by police so badly that he lost vision in one eye.
Frankie Taylor was arrested for alleged drink driving on 10 August last year. He was taken to the police station, restrained, tied to a chair and savagely beaten.
The disturbing incident at Eastpointe police department was caught on camera. The footage was obtained by Fox News.
After a verbal exchange, the officers get Mr Taylor on the ground and restrain him. They then tie him to chair facing the camera.
“If you keep acting like a child, you’re going to get strapped in that chair and you’re going to stay there,” an officer says to Mr Taylor.
Another officer puts on a pair of gloves and beats the victim until he loses consciousness. His cries of pain and fear are clearly heard in the video.
There are four officers surrounding Mr Taylor while he is tied in the chair.
“Stop resisting,” the officer says automatically as he lands punches on Mr Taylor’s face and head. “Stop resisting.”
“The guy hit me so many times, it made me cry once I seen the tape,” Mr Taylor told Fox news. “I was knocked out.”
He previously had an implant under one eye for glaucoma, but the beating dislodged it and led to his loss of vision.
His lawyer, James Rasor, said the police moved Mr Taylor to jail the next day instead of hospital. By the time he went to a Detroit hospital for surgery a few days later, it was too late to save his eye.
Mr Rasor said his client has “horrible nightmares”. The lawsuit requests a sum of money greater than $75,000, excluding legal fees and punitive damages.
He was not allowed to make a phone call once he got to the jail last August, Mr Rasor said, unlike other detainees who are white. The lawyer described the incident as police brutality.
Eastpointe police department could not be immediately contacted for comment.
Fake hate crime in upstate New York: white firefighter sets his own house on fire and writes “Lie with pigs, fry like bacon.”
Firefighter Charged With Torching His House, Blaming It On Anti-Cop Suspects
A spray-painted message on the home read: “Lie with pigs, fry like bacon.”
December 8, 2016
A firefighter in upstate New York is facing a felony arson charge after authorities say he set his family’s house on fire and wrote an anti-police message outside as a potential cover-up.
Jason Stokes, 41, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to felony second-degree arson following the mysterious Aug. 10 summer blaze in Endicott, just west of Binghamton, local station TV WBNG reported.
Stokes, his wife and two teenaged children escaped the home safely, state police said.
Broome County District Attorney Steve Cornwell described an “obstacle course” inside the house that firefighters had to get through.
“There were gas cans, full gas cans and other containers full with flammable material, placed throughout the home as if it were an obstacle course to get around,” he said at a press conference Tuesday.
Authorities say they found a “Blue Lives Matter” flag outside the home and a spray-painted message on a wall reading: “Lie with pigs, fry like bacon.”
Cornwell called the message, which he refused to repeat, a “despicable display of how law enforcement should be viewed in society today.” He suggested that the message was meant to throw off investigators into believing anti-police protesters were to blame. He declined to speculate on a possible motive.
At the time of the incident, the family suggested that the fire was a targeted attack against them, WBNG reported.
Stokes was released Wednesday on $10,000 bail. An attempt to reach him for comment Thursday was not immediately successful.
The Press & Sun-Bulletin of Binghamton reported that Stokes has worked as a firefighter with the Endicott Fire Department since March 2005. He has been placed on administrative leave following the charges.
A trial date is set for April 17.
KKK holds parade in Roxboro
December 3, 2016
ROXBORO — The Ku Klux Klan held a parade in North Carolina Saturday, but moved it to the afternoon and one county over from where the group said it would gather to celebrate Donald Trump’s election as president.
State troopers blocked intersections as the KKK parade of about 30 vehicles drove through the city’s downtown and major thoroughfare, the Times-News in Burlington reported.
Men and women shouted “White power!” and “Hail victory!” from vehicles flying KKK flags, Confederate battle flags, Donald Trump flags and Christian flags during the afternoon parade, the newspaper reported.
Hundreds of protesters and observers had arrived in Pelham Saturday morning preparing to demonstrate against the KKK, the Times-News reported. The group, which the Southern Poverty Law Center lists as a hate group, had originally told the paper it would hold its “Victory Kavalkade Klan Parade” in the morning in the “vicinity of Pelham.”
Several groups across the state, including in Greensboro, Mebane and Charlotte, held rallies Saturday to counter the Klan event.
A U.S. born Muslim NYPD officer who ran into a burning building to save a baby and an elderly man is the victim of a real hate crime
I’ll definitely take the word of any police officer who runs into a burning building to save a baby and an elderly man.
Plus, they have a real suspect in custody.
Muslim NYPD officer threatened, told ‘go back to your country’
December 5, 2016
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said he’s “sick to my stomach” over an incident in which a Muslim off-duty NYPD officer was reportedly threatened over the weekend by a man who said, “I will cut your throat, go back to your country.”
The officer, Aml Elsokary, said she had just dropped off her 16-year-old son in Brooklyn Saturday evening when a man begin arguing with the teen. When Elsokary, who was not in uniform, intervened, the man allegedly told her, “ISIS [expletive], I will cut your throat, go back to your country,” before fleeing the scene.
Elsokary, a 34-year-old Muslim-American, is an 11-year-veteran of the NYPD. She was wearing a hijab at the time of the incident, according to the NYPD.
Within 24 hours of the incident New York police arrested Christopher Nelson, 36, and charged him with menacing as a hate crime and aggravated harassment. Nelson was ordered held on $50,000 bail, according to Acting Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez.
Nelson’s attorney did not immediately respond to a request from CNN seeking comment.
There are approximately 900 Muslim-Americans currently serving on the NYPD, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Monday at a news conference in which he addressed the threat against Elsokary.
“This is her country, she is an American, she is a New Yorker, and this is her home. We cannot allow this hatred and bias to spread,” de Blasio said.
Elsokary, who regularly wears a hijab while on duty in Brooklyn, was praised for her heroism after she helped save a baby girl and an elderly man from a burning building in April 2014, according to a press release from Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams.
“I help everybody no matter what your religion is. I’m born and raised here and I am here to protect you all. The department has supported me in wearing my hijab. I want to thank my Muslim officers for standing by my side,” Elsokary said at Monday’s press conference.
The incident involving Elsokary is just one in a recent rash of hate crimes in New York, authorities said.
On Monday, an off-duty Muslim NYC transit employee was assaulted by a male passenger at Grand Central Terminal. The man allegedly called the uniformed employee a “terrorist” and pushed her down a flight of stairs.
The transit employee sustained injuries to her ankle and knee and was transported to an area hospital, according to a statement from Governor Andrew Cuomo, who directed the Metropolitan Transit Authority, the State Police and the state Division of Human Rights to investigate the matter.
“This is the great state of New York — we welcome people of all cultures, customs and creeds with open arms. We do not allow intolerance or fear to divide us because we know diversity is our strength and we are at our best when we stand united,” Cuomo said.
Hate crimes in New York City are up 35% from last year, with a “huge spike” in incidents right after Election Day on November 8, NYPD Chief of Detectives Bob Boyce said Monday. Most of the reported hate crimes have been anti-Semitic in nature, followed by anti-Muslim crimes, Boyce said. De Blasio said the uptick in hate crimes were “obviously connected to the (presidential) election.”
Critics accused President-elect Donald Trump of fostering xenophobia and Islamophobia during the divisive presidential campaign. In an interview last month Trump said he was “so saddened” to hear about vitriol hurled by some of his supporters against minorities and told them to “stop it.”
“You can’t have a candidate for president single out groups of Americans negatively and not have some ramification for that, not have something as a result of that. It’s very troubling. Look, a few times recently the President-elect has spoken out against it. He needs to keep doing that,” de Blasio said Monday.