Obamacare forces cancer survivor to lose her doctor, and her new Obamacare plan covers zero doctors within a 400 mile radius
Janet Grigg lives in Oklahoma and is a survivor of colon cancer. Obamacare caused her to lose coverage for her doctor. Her new Obamacare plan covers zero doctors within a 400 mile radius of her home.
I’m curious to hear anyone’s ideas about what could be done to solve this problem.
My proposal: shut down the D.C. public school system, give vouchers to the parents equal to 49% of what the public schools are currently spending, and use the other 51% to cut taxes.
What ideas do others here have on how to fix this problem? Please offer your ideas in the comment section.
CNS News reports:
DC Schools: $29,349 Per Pupil, 83% Not Proficient in Reading
The public schools in Washington, D.C., spent $29,349 per pupil in the 2010-2011 school year, according to the latest data from National Center for Education Statistics, but in 2013 fully 83 percent of the eighth graders in these schools were not “proficient” in reading and 81 percent were not “proficient” in math.
These are the government schools in our nation’s capital city — where for decades politicians of both parties have obstreperously pushed for more federal involvement in education and more federal spending on education.
The New York Times just reported:
Many employers had thought they could shift health costs to the government by sending their employees to a health insurance exchange with a tax-free contribution of cash to help pay premiums, but the Obama administration has squelched the idea in a new ruling. Such arrangements do not satisfy the health care law, the administration said, and employers may be subject to a tax penalty of $100 a day — or $36,500 a year — for each employee who goes into the individual marketplace.
Obama’s actions here are illegal. There is nothing in Obamacare that gives Obama or the IRS the power to prohibit employers from dumping employees onto Obamacare exchanges, or for fining them $100 a day per employee for doing so.
Here are quotes from four legal experts saying Obama’s arrest of Dinesh D’Souza was politically motivated
In August 2012, Dinesh D’Souza released 2016: Obama’s America, a movie that was critical of Obama.
It has just been reported that Obama gave taxpayers’ money to Serco, an Obamacare contractor, to hire employees to do nothing. The more employees that Serco hired to do nothing, the more taxpayer money it got from Obama. At the time of the report, Serco was still hiring new employees.
I’ve updated my list of Obama criticisms. The list can be found at https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/
The Washington Times reports:
House Republicans find 10% of tea party donors audited by IRS
Despite assurances to the contrary, the IRS didn’t destroy all of the donor lists scooped up in its tea party targeting — and a check of those lists reveals that the tax agency audited 10 percent of those donors, much higher than the audit rate for average Americans
Investigators last year reported that the IRS singled out tea party and other conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status and gave them special scrutiny, including asking inappropriate questions about their activities and membership. The request for donor lists was among the inappropriate activities.
The IRS initially denied to Congress that it was singling out tea party groups, despite vocal complaints from groups that had their applications delayed for years.
Obama administration officials deny that the targeting was politically motivated
Republicans said 24 conservative groups were asked for their donor lists. The IRS initially told Congress that those lists were destroyed, but when they went through their files they discovered three lists that weren’t destroyed.
10 percent were audited — substantially higher than the average rate of 1 percent of average Americans who are audited each year.
I’ve updated my list of Obamacare criticisms. The list can be found at https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/obamacare-59/