I just found out that last month in Howell, Michigan, at a Pepsi bottling plant, 7,200 gallons of concentrated Mountain Dew syrup was spilled. The relevant people successfully prevented this “toxic” substance from entering the public sewer system.
But let’s say that the spill had not occurred, and the “toxic” syrup had been used for its intended purpose.
Then wouldn’t this “toxic” syrup have eventually ended up in the public sewer system anyway?
It seems that McDonald’s has finally realized how tone-deaf its internal employee resource website was. It has shut it down.
The final straw? A tip on the site to employees to avoid McDonald’s fare.
A graphic on the site shows a meal with a cheeseburger, fries and drink under the caption “Unhealthy choice.” Next to it is a picture of a sub, a salad and water under the caption “Healthier choice.”