I hope this cigarette will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/westmoreland/2015/03/20/Officials-say-cigarette-sparked-fatal-motel-fire-westmoreland-hempfield/stories/201503200317

Officials say cigarette sparked fatal motel fire

March 20, 2015

The state police fire marshal today said a cigarette was the cause of a fatal motel fire in Westmoreland County on Thursday.

Timothy Paul Shane, 43, of Hempfield was killed in the fire at the Motel 3 on Route 30 in Adamsburg, according to the county coroner’s office.

State police fire marshal Scott Mackanick ruled the fire an accident and said Mr. Shane was smoking a cigarette that ignited the blaze around 6:30 a.m.

A section of Route 30 was closed in the area of the fire, as was the Irwin exit off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Mr. Shane’s cause and manner of death are pending toxicology results from an autopsy, the fire marshal said.

 

Advertisements

March 20, 2015. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Health care, Humor, Pittsburgh, Smoking.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: