Here are 34 more reasons I’m sooo glad I didn’t vote for Obama
The complete list can be found at https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/
Here are the new entries:
901) Emails prove that the Obama administration pressured CBS News to stop airing reports by Sharyl Attkisson
On October 3, 2011, CBS News aired a story by Sharyl Attkisson which showed that Attorney General Eric Holder had lied under oath regarding Fast and Furious. The report can be seen at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JaDEShZIvQ
On October 4, 2011, Holder’s top press aide, Tracy Schmaler, wrote the following in an email to White House Deputy Press Sectary Eric Schultz:
“I’m also calling Sharryl’s [sic] editor and reaching out to Scheiffer. She’s out of control.”
“Good. Her piece was really bad for the AG.”
902) Gave employers a $3,000 annual incentive, per employee, to hire illegal aliens instead of U.S. citizens
Obamacare, when combined with Obama’s November 2014 executive amnesty, gives employers a $3,000 annual incentive, per employee, to hire illegal aliens instead of U.S. citizens.
903) Falsely overstated the number of Obamacare signups by incorrectly including dental subscribers
In November 2014, it was reported that the Obama administration had falsely overstated the number of Obamacare signups by incorrectly including 380,000 dental subscribers.
904) Falsely said that his “Power Africa” plan had achieved 25% of its goal during its first 17 months
In June 2013, Obama announced a new program called “Power Africa,” with a goal of building 10,000 megawatts of new electricity generation in Africa. In November 2014, the organization claimed that it had reached 25% of that goal. However, some of that claimed amount included electricity plants that had already been built before the plan was created. Also, some of that claimed amount included electric plants that had not been built at all, which had merely been written down on contracts that had been signed with the promise of getting built in the future.
905) Gave $100,000 of taxpayers’ money to one of his campaign donors to build an urban garden that never actually got built
When Obama was a state Senator in Illinois, he gave $100,000 of taxpayers’ money to Kenny B. Smith, an Obama campaign donor, to build an urban garden that never actually got built. The Chicago Sun-Times wrote of this:
“… what was supposed to be a six-block stretch of trees and paths is now a field of unfulfilled dreams, strewn with weeds, garbage and broken pavement.”
906) IRS employees who did not pay their taxes were still eligible for bonuses
In 2014, IRS employees who did not pay their taxes were still eligible for bonuses.
907) Falsely said that the proposed Keystone XL pipeline would be “shipping Canadian oil to world markets, not to the United States”
In November 2014, Obama said that the proposed Keystone XL pipeline would be
“… shipping Canadian oil to world markets, not to the United States.”
Afterward, PolitiFact responded with:
We asked several energy economics experts, and they believe that quite a bit — if not most — of the Keystone XL crude oil will be bought and used by American refineries.
“It’s difficult to say with any certainty, but it is most likely that most would be refined in the U.S.,” said Kenneth Medlock, an expert in energy economics at Rice University in Texas.
A recent State Department report argues that it would not be “economically justified” for Canada to primarily export its Keystone XL oil to countries other than the United States, when there are plenty of American refineries to consume it.
Some independent refineries — particularly those in the upper Midwest, but also in Texas — are in desperate need of crude oil, said Charles Ebinger, a senior fellow in energy security at the Brookings Institution. Currently, the refineries have to import crude from places like Venezuela and Mexico — though it would be cheaper and better for overall energy security to buy from a North American source, rather than pay high transport costs.
On Nov. 17, TransCanada told Reuters, it “makes no business sense for our customers to transport oil down to the U.S. Gulf Coast, pay to export it overseas but then pay to transport millions of barrels of higher-priced oil back to the U.S. refineries to create the products we rely on.”
Ebinger added that many American refineries are geared to use heavy crude, which is what Keystone would transport from Canada’s tar sands.
908) Illegally obtained, and illegally released, confidential tax information about the Koch Brothers
In August 2010, the Obama administration illegally obtained confidential tax information about the Koch Brothers from the IRS. White House economic advisor Austan Goolsbee illegally released this confidential information to the media.
909) After three private companies did exactly what Obamacare told them to do, the Obama administration sued them for violating the Americans with Disabilities Act
Obamacare encourages employers to offer their employees financial incentives to engage in healthy behaviors, such as quitting smoking, losing weight, etc. However, in November 2014, it was reported that the Obama administration had sued Honeywell International and two smaller companies for doing exactly that. The Obama administration claimed that by doing what Obamacare told them to do, they were violating the Americans With Disabilities Act.
910) November 2014 Gallup poll showed that Obamacare made health care less affordable, which is the opposite of what Obama had promised
President Obama signed Obamacare in March 2010. In November 2014, the Daily Caller reported:
Gallup: Peak Number Of Americans Delaying Medical Care Over Costs
One in three Americans has put off seeking medical treatment in 2014 due to high costs, according to Gallup — the highest percentage since Gallup began asking the question in 2001.
Thirty-three percent of Americans have delayed medical treatment for themselves or their families because of the costs they’d have to pay, according to the survey. Obamacare, of course, had promised that it would help make health care more affordable for everyone, but the number of people who can’t afford a trip to the doctor has actually risen three points since 2013, before most Obamacare provisions took effect.
The hardest-hit: the middle-class. Americans with an annual household income of between $30,000 and $75,000 began delaying medical care over costs more in 2014, up to 38 percent in 2014 from 33 percent last year; among households that earn above $75,000, 28 percent delayed care this year, compared to just 17 percent last year.
911) Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber secretly told the Democratic governor of Wisconsin that Obamacare would make premiums more expensive, at the same time that Obama was telling everyone it would make them less expensive
In November 2014, it was reported that in 2010, when Obama was telling everyone that Obamacare would make premiums less expensive, Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber secretly told Jim Doyle, the Democratic governor of Wisconsin, that Obamacare would make premiums more expensive.
912) Obama nominated the defender of a convicted cop killer to be the head of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division
In 2014, Obama nominated Debo Adegbile to be the head of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. Previously, Adegbile had worked as a lawyer for Mumia Abu-Jamal, who had been convicted of murdering a Philadelphia police officer. After Abu-Jamal had been sentenced to death, Adegbile got the death sentence overturned.
913) Illegally made it easier for illegal aliens who were convicted of domestic violence, sexual abuse, burglary, unlawful possession or use of a firearm, drug dealing, and drunk driving, to stay in the U.S. after they finish their prison sentence
In November 2014, Obama made it easier for illegal aliens who were convicted of domestic violence, sexual abuse, burglary, unlawful possession or use of a firearm, drug dealing, and drunk driving, to stay in the U.S. after they finish their prison sentence. Because Obama did this without approval from Congress, his action was illegal.
914) After Palestinian terrorists murdered four Jews at a synagogue in Jerusalem, Obama said, “too many Palestinians have died”
In November 2014, after Palestinian terrorists murdered four Jews at a synagogue in Jerusalem, Obama said, “too many Palestinians have died.”
915) As part of Obama’s “stimulus,” he gave google billionaires a $1.6 billion loan guarantee to build a solar power plant that only produced half as much electricity as what they had predicted
Ivanpah is a solar power company owned by Google, BrightSource Energy, and NRG.
In April 2011, as part of Obama’s “stimulus,” Obama gave Ivanpah a $1.6 billion loan guarantee to build a solar power plant.
In November 2014, when the plant was up and running, Associated Press reported that it was producing only “about half of its expected annual output.” The California Energy Commission blamed this failure on “clouds, jet contrails, and weather.”
In November 2014, Ivanpah asked Obama for a $539 million bailout.
Google is owned by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. At the time they requested this $539 million bailout, Page was the 19th richest person in the world, with assets of $30.4 billion, and Brin was the 20th richest person in the world, with assets of $30 billion.
916) Photographs from 2007 show Obama marching with and speaking to the New Black Panther Party
These photographs from 2007 show Obama marching with and speaking to the New Black Panther Party.
917) Refused to prosecute members of the New Black Panther Party for their plot to commit murder and bombing
In a November 2014 undercover sting operation, the St. Louis police sold a fake bomb to members of the New Black Panther Party, who thought they were buying a real bomb. They tried to buy two additional bombs, but the EBT card that they were using did not have enough money on it. They were planning to murder Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson and St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch, and bomb the Gateway Arch.
Normally, the federal government would have charged them with terrorism.
However, the Obama administration refused to charge them with terrorism, or with plotting to commit murder and bombing. The only charges filed by the federal government were for making false statements when they attempted to purchase two 0.45 caliber pistols. The federal indictment made no mention whatsoever of their plot to commit murder and bombing.
918) Refused to explain why he nominated a campaign fundraiser who knew nothing about Hungary to be the ambassador of Hungary
In December 2014, Colleen Bell became the new U.S. ambassador to Hungary, even though she had been unable to name even one strategic interest the U.S. had with Hungary during her conformation hearing. When ABC reporter Jon Karl asked White House spokesman Josh Earnest why Bell was given this position, Earnest refused to answer. Bell had helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for Obama’s 2012 campaign.
919) Falsely said that letting illegal aliens stay in the U.S. “will help secure the border”
In December 2014, the Obama administration released a fact sheet which falsely said that letting illegal aliens stay in the U.S. “will help secure the border.”
920) Refused to pay Obamacare navigators for work that they had done more than half a year earlier
In November 2014, it was reported that some Obamacare navigators had not been paid for work that they had done at the beginning of the year.
921) Forced some people to buy an Obamacare policy even though they were also enrolled in Medicare
In December 2014, it was reported that some people were being forced to buy an Obamacare policy even though they were already enrolled in Medicare. When these people tried to cancel their Obamacare plans, they were unable to do so.
922) After police officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Michael Brown, Obama ignored the testimony from seven black witnesses, and the forensic evidence
On October 23, 2014, the Huffington Post reported:
Over a half-dozen black witnesses who have testified before a grand jury deciding whether to indict the police officer who killed Michael Brown have provided testimony that “largely supports” Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson’s account of events…
… forensic evidence showed that Brown’s blood was on the gun… other evidence was consistent with Wilson’s account of the shooting…
Based on this testimony and evidence, a St. Louis County grand jury decided on November 25, 2014, that it would not file charges against officer Wilson.
When Obama expressed his disappointment with the grand jury’s decision, he made no reference to these “witnesses” or “evidence.” The complete text of Obama’s statement can be read here.
In addition, after the grand jury announced its decision, the Obama administration said that it would continue its own investigation of officer Wilson.
923) For some families, Obamacare’s “affordable” insurance can cost them “almost a quarter of their family income”
In December 2014, NPR reported:
Don Benfield of Taylorsville, N.C., makes $11 an hour…
The situation only gets worse if Benfield decided to add his wife to his employer policy. Adding her would nearly triple the annual cost, driving it up to $6,200 a year, almost a quarter of their family income.
924) Illegally told employers that they could not dump their sick employees onto Obamacare exchanges
Obamacare allows employers to dump their sick employees onto Obamacare exchanges. However, in December 2014, the Obama administration told employers that they were not allowed to do this. Because Obama made this change to Obamacare without approval from Congress, his action was illegal.
925) Illegally ordered for cash benefits to be given to illegal aliens
In November 2014, Obama ordered for cash benefits to be given to illegal aliens. Because Obama did this without approval from Congress, his action was illegal.
926) Released 30,862 foreign criminals into U.S. cities and neighborhoods during fiscal year 2014
During fiscal year 2014, Obama released 30,862 foreign criminals into U.S. cities and neighborhoods.
927) Deported less than 1% of illegal aliens during fiscal year 2014
During fiscal year 2014, Obama deported less than 1% of the illegal aliens who were living in the U.S.
928) Falsely said “the good book says don’t throw stones at glass houses”
In December 2014, Obama falsely said, “The good book says don’t throw stones at glass houses.”
929) Illegally made it easier for illegal aliens to vote in U.S. elections
According to federal law, if an illegal alien with a child born in the U.S. wants to apply to become a U.S. citizen, the illegal alien must leave the U.S. and wait 10 years before their U.S. born adult child can sponsor them for citizenship. If and when they eventually do become a U.S. citizen, they would then be allowed to vote in U.S. elections. However, in November 2014, Obama eliminated this 10 year waiting requirement. Because he did this without approval from Congress, his action was illegal.
930) “I’m an Obama supporter. But Obamacare has hurt my family. Obamacare has been far more frustrating than I’d ever dreamed.”
In December 2014, the Washington Post wrote:
I’m an Obama supporter. But Obamacare has hurt my family.
Obamacare has been far more frustrating than I’d ever dreamed.
By Catherine Keefe
December 10, 2014
Obamacare brought us new health insurance options, but cost us our more affordable plans.
In November 2013, Jim learned his small-business policy would be canceled because it didn’t comply with the new mandate to cover pediatric dentistry and maternity care.
The individual plan I had with Blue Cross was canceled, too.
We learned patience, but we couldn’t keep our doctors.
We had applied online and sent copies of our passports to California Covered for verification, but we received no bill, no confirmation of our coverage, no insurance cards. Jim spent an hour and a half on hold once before getting disconnected. He tried again the next day, waiting another two hours before getting disconnected.
… the urologist wouldn’t accept our new Blue Shield plan – even though the Blue Shield website said he did.
We have no choice to opt out of the required pediatric dentistry or maternity coverage we’ll never use…
931) Skipped 57% of his daily intelligence briefings during his first term
During Obama’s first term, he skipped 57% of his daily intelligence briefings.
932) Obama said 20% of female college students are sexually assaulted, but a study by his own Department of Justice said the actual number was 0.61%
The 20% figure came from a study that counted “attempted forced kissing” as sexual assault.
933) Illegally used a racial double standard to decide who would get prosecuted for growing and selling marijuana
In December 2014, the Obama administration said that it would not prosecute Native Americans for growing and selling marijuana. This exemption is illegal for two reasons. First, the exemption was not approved by Congress. And secondly, the Constitution requires that federal laws apply equally to everyone.
934) The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 9-0 against the Obama administration’s claim that international law superseded U.S. law
In 1993, the U.S. adopted an international treaty called “Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on Their Destruction.” The purpose of this treaty was to deal with the possible widespread use of chemical weapons against large numbers of people by terrorists.
However, the Obama administration used this treaty to prosecute a woman who, after finding out that her husband had had an affair with another woman, used toxic chemicals to contaminate the mailbox and car of that other woman. The Obama administration argued that international law superseded U.S. law. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 9-0 that this crime fell under the jurisdiction of state government, and not the international treaty.