I just added 21 new items to my list of Obama criticisms
The complete list can be found at https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/
Here are the new entries:
801) Obama illegally ignored Obamacare author Jonathan Gruber’s comments that subsidies only apply to state exchanges
On January 18, 2012, Jonathan Gruber, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology economist who helped write Obamacare, said:
“What’s important to remember politically about this is if you’re a state and you don’t set up an exchange, that means your citizens don’t get their tax credits.”
You can see him saying it in this video. Link set to start video at 31:25, the relevant point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtnEmPXEpr0&feature=youtu.be&t=31m25s
On January 10, 2012, Gruber said:
“… if your governor doesn’t set up an exchange, you’re losing hundreds of millions of dollars of tax credits to be delivered to your citizens…”
You can hear him saying it in this video. Link set to start at 1:16, the relevant point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbMmWhfZyEI&t=1m16s
So how is it that the federal government is giving subsidies through the federal exchange?
It’s because under the corrupt leadership of President Obama, the IRS illegally gave itself new power without approval from Congress.
802) Paid dozens of federal paralegals $60,000 to $80,000 a year even though they had no work to do
On July 31, 2014, the Washington Post reported:
Dozens of federal employees at an obscure agency that handles appeals of patent applications went years with so little work to do that they collected salaries — and even bonuses — while they surfed the Internet, did laundry, exercised and watched television, an investigation has found.
The employees, paralegals making $60,000 to $80,000 a year, were idle with full knowledge of their immediate bosses and multiple layers of managers and judges who “sat on their hands” waiting for work to give them, a year-long probe by the Commerce Department inspector general’s office uncovered.
803) Obama illegally allowed the IRS to strike a deal with atheists to monitor churches
In July 2014, it was reported that Obama had illegally allowed the IRS to strike a deal with atheists to monitor churches.
804) Refused to prosecute federal employees who committed time and attendance fraud
In July 2014, it was reported that Obama had refused to prosecute federal employees who committed time and attendance fraud.
805) Used the Department of Homeland Security to raid the home of someone who was not suspected of terrorism
In July 2014, the Department of Homeland Security raided the home of Jennifer Brinkley of North Carolinian, even though she was not suspected of terrorism.
806) Falsely accused the Pennsylvania State Police of “employment discrimination against women” because it held male and female applicants to the same standard
In July 2014, Obama’s Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against the Pennsylvania State Police, accusing it of “employment discrimination against women,” because it held male and female applicants to the same standard.
807) Helped Hamas obtain the construction materials that it used to dig its terror tunnels
In August 2014, it was reported that the Obama administration had helped Hamas obtain the construction materials that it used to dig its terror tunnels.
808) Obama’s Securities and Exchange Commission bypassed the courts, which is unconstitutional
In August 2014, it was reported that Obama’s Securities and Exchange Commission had bypassed the courts, which is unconstitutional.
809) Obama’s “transparency” website was missing information about how $619 billion had been spent
In August 2014, it was reported that Obama’s “transparency” website was missing information about how $619 billion had been spent.
810) Falsely promised that Obamacare would give people “the same kind of insurance that Senator McCain and I enjoy.”
In 2008, Obama said:
“If you don’t have health insurance, you’re going to be able to buy the same kind of insurance that Senator McCain and I enjoy as federal employees.”
However, the New York Times reported:
“No patient gets closer medical attention than the president of the United States. Wherever he goes, a doctor, nurse or paramedic trails a few footsteps behind, ready for any medical need. It is the ultimate in concierge medicine.”
811) Hid important information from federal torture report
In August 2014, U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) accused the Obama administration of hiding important information from a federal report on torture.
812) Criticized corporations for using legal methods to reduce their taxes
In August 2014, Obama criticized corporations for using legal methods to reduce their taxes.
813) Illegally planned to change the tax laws without approval from Congress
Article I, section 7 of the U.S. Constitution states:
“All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives”
President Obama took the following oath at both of his inaugurations:
“I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
You can see him taking the oath here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvEANPi1c6k
In addition, Obama has a Harvard Law degree.
Furthermore, Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years.
However, in August 2014, Associated Press reported:
“Aiming to sidestep a logjam in Congress, the Obama administration is looking for steps it could take on its own to prevent American companies from reincorporating overseas to shirk U.S. taxes, officials said Tuesday.”
814) “US inspectors general say gov’t has blocked access”
In August 2014, Associated Press reported:
US inspectors general say gov’t has blocked access
Independent watchdogs of dozens of federal agencies decried on Tuesday what they said were Obama administration efforts to delay or stall their investigations.
A letter to Congress from a broad cross-section of inspectors general cites specific instances in which watchdogs for the Justice Department, Environmental Protection Agency and the Peace Corps said they were denied timely access to documents and other information while doing their investigations. The letter says other inspectors general have faced similar obstacles, and that congressional action may be needed to ensure cooperation from government agencies.
815) Lied about the reason U.S. corporations incorporate overseas
In August 2014, Obama said the reason U.S. corporations incorporate overseas is that
“They’re basically renouncing their citizenship and declaring they’re based somewhere else, just to avoid paying their fair share.”
Despite Obama’s claim, these corporations are still paying taxes to the U.S. government on the profits that they earn in the U.S. The only tax they are avoiding is the U.S. tax on the profits that they earn overseas. But the U.S. is the only major country in the world that taxes overseas profits.
816) Helped one corporation use a certain tax loophole, but later criticized other corporations for using the exact same tax loophole
In 2009, the Obama administration helped Delphi, a U.S. corporation, reduce its taxes by declaring it to be a British company. However, in 2014, Obama criticized other U.S. corporations for doing the exact same thing.
817) Said we should pass an equal pay law, while ignoring the fact that such a law has already been in place since 1963
818) Bombed Iraq in August 2014, even though the Iraq War had allegedly ended in December 2011
In August 2014, Obama bombed Iraq, even though the Iraq War had allegedly ended in December 2011.
819) Lied about the reason he sent U.S. troops to Iraq
In June 2014, when Obama sent U.S. troops to Iraq, he said they would only have an advisory role, and would not participate in combat. However, in August 2014, he ordered those troops to bomb Iraq.
820) Lied about which President removed U.S. troops from Iraq
Obama repeatedly gave himself credit for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq that happened in late 2011. However, in August 2014, he blamed the troop withdrawal on Bush. I’m not going to say which of Obama’s two statements is true, and which is a lie. But one of them must be a lie.
821) Illegally tried to block a Freedom of Information release of the video that shows Michael Brown committing theft and assault
On August 15, 2014, NRP reported:
[Ferguson Police Chief Thomas] Jackson said he had gotten numerous Freedom of Information Act requests from the media to release the video. “I had to release it,” he said.
“I had been sitting on it and too many people put in FOIA requests for it and I had to release it,” he said.
On August 16, 2014, CBS News reported:
Feds opposed releasing Ferguson robbery video
Federal authorities opposed Friday’s release of a surveillance video showing a man resembling Michael Brown committing a robbery at a convenience store in Ferguson, Mo., CBS News correspondent Bob Orr reports.
The Justice Department asked Ferguson police not to release the video, believing that it would roil the community further, and were able to successfully prevent the video from being released Thursday, the U.S. law enforcement official said.
Friday’s release occurred over the objection of federal authorities, the official said.
Here is the video that Obama illegally tried to prevent people from seeing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2z5-H8NSGA