296 reasons why it’s OK to laugh at anyone who thought Obamacare was a good idea
I’ve updated my list of Obamacare criticisms. The complete list can be found at https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/obamacare-59/
These are the new entries:
291) Obama illegally created a new Obamacare rule and penalty without approval from Congress
In May 2014, the New York Times reported:
Many employers had thought they could shift health costs to the government by sending their employees to a health insurance exchange with a tax-free contribution of cash to help pay premiums, but the Obama administration has squelched the idea in a new ruling. Such arrangements do not satisfy the health care law, the administration said, and employers may be subject to a tax penalty of $100 a day — or $36,500 a year — for each employee who goes into the individual marketplace.
Obama’s actions here are illegal. There is nothing in Obamacare that gives Obama or the IRS the power to prohibit employers from dumping employees onto Obamacare exchanges, or for fining them $100 a day per employee for doing so. The President does not have the legal authority to change the law without those changes first being approved by Congress.
292) Obamacare forced colon cancer survivor Janet Grigg to lose her doctor. Her new Obamacare policy covers zero doctors within a 400 mile radius of her home.
Janet Grigg lives in Oklahoma and is a survivor of colon cancer. Obamacare caused her to lose coverage for her doctor. Her new Obamacare policy covers zero doctors within a 400 mile radius of her home. You can see a video of her at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FoyREgDH_8
293) Obama gave bonuses to employees who created Oregon’s defective Obamacare website
However, in June 2014, it was reported that the employees who had built Oregon’s defective Obamacare website had been given $650,000 in taxpayer funded bonuses.
294) After cancer patient Linda Rolain paid her Obamacare premiums, Obamacare refused to pay for her medical treatment, and she died
Linda Rolain lived in Las Vegas. She had brain cancer. After she paid her Obamacare premiums, Obamacare refused to pay for her medical treatment, and she died.
295) Obamacare call center employee left confidential info of Obamacare customers at a deli
In June 2014, it was reported that an employee of an Obamacare call center had left a backpack containing handwritten notepads at a deli in Hartford, Connecticut. The notepads contained names, addresses, and social security numbers of 151 Obamacare customers.
296) Obama illegally gave Obamacare waivers to U.S. territories
In July 2014, it was reported that Obama had given Obamacare waivers to U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, etc.,), which exempted them from certain Obamacare regulations. Because Obama did this without approval from Congress, his action was illegal.